Thursday, February 22, 2007

Hi-Ho, Hi-Ho...it's off to work I go! La La La La...

I love my job.
I work for a small business called: Windmill HVAC Supply.
We don't sell windmills (although I do get calls about that...and for good reason).
HVAC stands for: Heating Ventilation and Air Conditioning.
Windmill HVAC Supply sells all the products needed to move Natural Gas from the underground main up to a building and inside.
-Underground Pipe
-Abovegound Pipe
-Risers
-Ball Valves
-Fittings
-Furnaces
-Air Conditioners
-Boilers
-Water Heaters
-Parts
...etc.
We are a whole sale company.
We don't sell to the public (whew!)
Why? Because you need to be licenced to work with anything to do with Natural Gas, Oil and Refrigerant since they're volatile substances.
We sell to contractors who then deal with the public.
All of my co-workers are men (except Shelley and she's part time).
All of my customers are men.
Most of my vendors are men.
Why do I love my job?
Well...
I love the challenge of learning new things everyday.
I love the challenge of working in a field that doesn't have a lot of women in it.
I love the challenge of co-ordinating our purchasing and sales and customer service issues.
I love the customers...they are all such characters and most are regulars who I see every couple of days.
I love that we're a small business becasue I get to provide customer service, invoicing, quotes, purchasing, inventory, dispatch, warranties, marketing, some training and even help in providing technical help from time to time.
I love helping in the warehouse when we're short staffed.
I love being a part of a close knit team that works hard to make the business run smooth.
I love that my boss isn't one to look over my shoulder every five minutes...he trusts me to get the job done.
I love my co-workers...they can really make me laugh!
oh...and also the fact that Ryan does the same thing but for a much larger company so...on some levels we're competitors!!!
Makes for interesting dinner conversation.
Love Kath

1 comment:

Janelle said...

life is so much better when you have a job you enjoy! :)